CII and Export Import Bank of India have, in 1994, jointly established the CII-EXIM Bank Award for Business Excellence, with the aim of enhancing the Competitiveness of India Inc. The Award is based on the internationally recognized EFQM Excellence Model.
CII-EXIM Bank Award for Business Excellence
Small & Medium Businesses
The Excellence Model provides a holistic management framework to organizations to achieve Excellence. A large number of organizations have successfully used this model to
• Define Excellence as a common language across the organization
• Develop an integrated approach for achieving sustainable competitiveness
• Review and improve Strategy, Processes and Performance
• Identify and share good practices
• Helps build functional managers into Business Leaders
Participating in the Award programme will benefit organizations in many ways, including,
- Providing an external perspective on the current status on the organisation's performance and practices
- Giving insight into organizational performance, beyond financial performance
- Measuring progress on the journey of excellence, and,
- Helping compare with best-in-class organizations
The following types of organisations are eligible to participate in the Award programme:
- Large Business Organisations
- Operating Units of Large Business Organisations
- Small and Medium Business Organisations
CII ensures that the model remains dynamic and contemporary to management thinking. Both CII and EFQM are committed to researching and updating the model with practical and academic inputs drawn from organizational experiences across the world.
CII believes that organizations which will use the Excellence Model for internal improvements, and the CII-EXIM Bank Award programme for external validation, will truly be enabled in refining and improving their practices and performance, for achieving higher levels of excellence.