CII Business Delegation to Qatar : 24- 25 September 2017
During the visit of H E Sheikh Abdulla Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the Prime Minister of Qatar to India last year, CII has signed an MoU with the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SCDL). SCDL is the competent authority for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar with all powers and authority necessary to achieve its goals. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination with ministries, governmental and non-governmental organisations, international, regional and local committees and organisations, of all initiatives, activities and projects in all areas related to the Tournament to ensure integration of the strategies, plans, decisions and activities of those entities referred to above in accordance with the national vision for the Tournament. The Parties are aware of the importance of hosting the Tournament and the social and economic significance of this event to the State of Qatar.
CII is organizing a business delegation to Qatar to interact with SCDL in the month of September 2017. The objective of the visit is to understand how to take advantage of the various opportunities existing in Qatar as per the latest sectors of opportunities in the enclosed list which has been received from SCDL.
SCDL has requested to send the name of the CII Members who are interested to visit in advance along with their sectors. The brief agenda of the proposed visit to SCDL include -
- Legacy Pavilion Tour – this is an interactive tour that highlights the SCs progress in terms of infrastructure and gives an overview of its programs.
- Delegation presentations – the participating Indian companies will have 5-10 mins (depending on the number of participating companies) to present their services and capabilities to the concerned people within the SCDL.
- SCDL will also arrange meeting with Main Contractors in Qatar as the majority of the services fall under the scope of the Main Contractors of the following Stadiums.
- Al Wakrah Stadium; Completion Date: 2018 ; Seating Capacity: 40,000
- Al Bayt Stadium; Completion Date: 2018; Seating Capacity: 60,000
- Qatar Foundation Stadium; Completion Date: 2019; Seating Capacity: 40,000
- Al Rayyan Stadium ; Completion Date: 2019; Seating Capacity: 40,000
- Lusail Stadium ; Completion Date: 2020; Seating Capacity: 80,000
- Al Thumama Stadium; Completion Date: 2020; Seating Capacity: 40,000
- Training Sites - Civil Works & Pitch : Nakheel Landscape
We are writing to cordially invite you to join the CII Business Delegation to Qatar.
Look forward to receive your confirmation.