CII Coimbatore zone is organising the First Edition of "CII Coconut Festival” – a one of its kind, crop focused, exhibition cum conference is scheduled during 15 – 17 September 2017 at CODISSIA Trade Fair Complex, Coimbatore.
This event in its maiden edition aims to provide a platform for all associated stakeholders across the value chain of coconut, right from farmers to value added product manufacturers to deliberate on ways to improve their returns specifically focusing on on-field and off-field value addition in the crop.
The event’s overall objective would be to:
- Benchmark Indian Coconut Industry with respect to Global Standards and explore ways for gaining global market share.
- Creating awareness about specific value added products of coconut which have immense business potential in the export market.
- Deliberate on package of practices from cultivation to exports with focus on value addition.
- Arrive at inputs from the industry on the Policy interventions desired in the coconut and its allied industry.
- Serve as a networking platform for all stakeholders to learn, share and witness the best practices in the sector.
This festival will feature the following activities:
- Coconut Producer Stakeholder Meets at Prominent Coconut Growing Areas.
- Three Day Exhibition showcasing farm equipments, coconut products (including coir products) and by products which have huge export potential.
- Two Day Conference on topics, right from cultivation to off-field value addition & exports.
- Field Visits to Farms and Coconut, Coir Industries.
The event is expected to garner a large turnout of Stakeholders from across the region as well from Coconut Growing countries which are a part of Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC) besides delegations from Middle East and European Countries.