One Day Training Programme on
Advanced Product Quality Planning “APQP”
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) creates a roadmap for developing new products complete with time-based milestones and decision points along the way. A major objective of APQP is to provide a vehicle for suppliers and customers to work together when developing a new product. This helps assure that the product is delivered on time and with the highest added-value. New Product Introductions (NPIs) have a greater success rate when the principles of the APQP approach are followed.
APQP has five formal phases. Each phase is connected to and triggers the next. APQP is not a “use what I like and ignore the rest” approach. It represents a continuum in which each phase builds upon the next.
The Objective of the Training Programme is to explain
- The role of planning in the quest for quality
- The importance of the APQP process and its benefits
- The process of a timing plan.
- Identifying the basic steps to launch the APQP process for new products and processes
- Describing the five phase approach to quality planning
- The role of a multi-disciplinary team in the planning process
- How to track concern resolution and improvement
- Changing Business scenario
- Emerging trends
- Introduction to APQP
- Phases of APQP – Plan and Define APQP
- Product design and development,
- Process design and development,
- Product process validation,
- Launch, feedback, assessment and corrective action