Time, Cost, Quality & Service have become the competitive levers for an organization. Supply Chain Managers need to devise various strategies so that the organisation can create a strategic advantage vis-a-vis the competition. Developing and using different Supply Chain Strategies will help to spend time and effort to efficiently achieve best results.
Supply Chain Practitioners need to be aware of the world view, best practices & mechanism of Operationalizing Supply Chain improvement initiatives in their own contexts.
Learning Objectives of this workshop
- Identify opportunities for controlling lead time in Supply Chain
- Appreciate key dimensions of Supply Planning & know how to Optimize Inventory
- Describe the model for Supply Chain Design
- Appreciate Information Technology in Supply Chain
- Appreciate the best practices of Supply Chain
Module 1 – Modern trends in Supply Chain
- Supply Chain to Demand Driven Supply Networks
- Model for Supply Chain alignment with Business
- Financial indicators of Supply Chain Impact on organization
- Approach to Cost Optimization of Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Process Cycles
Module 2 – Demand Management in Supply Chain
- Laying down Demand Planning Process
- Sales & Operations Planning
Module 3 –Supply Planning
- What constitutes a Supply plans?
- Develop framework for Supply planning
- Selecting the right Vendors
- Improving Supplier Relationships
Module 4 – Managing Inventory in the Supply Chain
- Service Level & its impact on Inventory - Safety Stock calculations
- Inventory Classification Systems – ABC, VED, SDE, FSN, Runner/Repeaters/Strangers
- Contemporary techniques of Inventory Management (issue of Lead time, Importance of variety reduction etc)
- Systems of Inventory Replenishment – VMI, Demand Driven systems (JIT, JIS) etc
Module 5 – Measuring & Benchmarking Supply Chain Performance
- Principles for Supply Chain Process design
- Supply Chain Benchmarking process
- Supply Chain KPI’s
Module 6 – Technology in the Supply Chain
Managers working in Supply Chain functions of Purchase, Materials Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Planning & Execution.
- I view my contribution as ‘to make people think’. Discussions/Brainstorming/Two way exchange is hence a given.
- The sessions are designed for delivery in ‘exercise driven’ hands on way. Individual/Group exercises are designed.
- Presentation/Videos are integral part of delivery.