Training Programme on Statistical Process Control
0900 hrs, Wednesday, 21 February 2018 : Hotel The Sunway Manor, Puducherry
We are pleased inform you that CII Puducherry is organizing a Training Programme on Statistical Process Control on 21 February 2018 at Hotel The Sunway Manor, Puducherry.
In any manufacturing or service industry we follow processes which converts inputs into value added outputs. In-fact any activity that we perform can be represented as a process. Hence it is important to have methods that are used to monitor performance of these processes over time (stability), measure to what extent they meet the customer’s requirements (capability) and identify opportunities for further improvement.
Using Statistical Process Control (SPC), we can not only check the stability of the processes (using both Shewhart and non Shewhart methods) but also we can measure their capabilities over short terms and long terms. In this one day training program, we will deliberate various conceptual aspects of SPC for both mass production and short runs. Training program will also highlight extensions, issues and latest trends.
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction, process definition
- Concept of variation, histograms, statistical distributions (discrete and continuous)
- Process monitoring through control charts (discrete and continuous)
- Short term and long term process evaluation
- Process optimization
- Extensions to more than one quality characteristics
- Engineering Process Control (EPC)
- SPC software and trends.
By attending this programme, the participant will understand:
- The various concepts of SPC like process variation, stability, short term capability, long term capability
- Stability checking tools like Shewhart and Non Shewhart Control Charts including its installation and interpretation
- Various capability indices like Cp, Cpk and Cpm (with confidence intervals) for both short term and long term
- SPC methods for both mass production and short runs situations
- Overview of handling more than one CTQ and process optimization
- Difference between SPC and EPC (Engineering Process Control) and hence the scope of SPC
- Availability of various statistical packages like Minitab and R.
Target Participants :
Personnel who are working in Production, Design and Assembly, Engineers from Testing and Systems, personnel working in Quality & Reliability, Production and / or Maintenance Managers/Engineers, Executives/Engineers from manufacturing units, TPM/TQM/Six Sigma coordinators can attend this training program.
Pre-training skills required:
Basic knowledge of engineering drawings and drafting practices.