Workshop on Application of Ergonomics for Better Productivity and Safety Improvement at Workplace
• To create awareness on using ergonomics principles to improve workplace productivity and safety.
• To learn to assess the existing workplace design using an ergonomic assessment check sheet
• To learn to redesign workplace using ergonomic principles.
Organizations are continuously striving for cost efficiency by applying various world-class initiatives across the operational chain. One of the powerful micro productivity tool is “Ergonomics” which emphasizes on improving shop floor productivity and safety aspects. Ergonomics applies information about human behavior, abilities and limitations and other characteristics to the design of tools, machines, tasks, jobs and environments for productive, safe, comfortable and effective human use.
- To create awareness on using ergonomics principles to improve workplace productivity and safety.
- To learn to assess the existing workplace design using an ergonomic assessment check sheet
- To learn to redesign workplace using ergonomic principles.
- Definition of ergonomics & benefits
- Myths about ergonomics
- How poorly designed workplace affect productivity and safety
- Brief introduction about workplace injuries and its causes
- Basic ergonomics principles on workplace design
- Application of ergonomic principles in material handling, product design
- Identification of ergonomics risk of workplace
- Basic ergonomics assessment checklist and methods to evaluate workplace
- Identify the safety and productivity improvement opportunities in existing workplaces using a simple ergonomic assessment checklist
- Consolidate the Improvement actions / roadmap for improving the productivity / safety in selected workplaces using ergonomic principles.
Date and Venue
Start Date:Apr 20, 2018
Venue: Hotel Atithi, , , India