Date: 14-15 September
Location: Delhi NCR
Time: 9 am - 5 pm, on both days
Integrated reporting is the evolution in corporate reporting. Attempting to connect financial, extra-financial and sustainability matters of business, integrated reporting seeks to present a coherent story of its value creation strategy in short to long term. Primarily targeted at providers of finance, integrated reporting is rapidly becoming an important change management tool as much as it is a reporting framework.
CII introduced integrated reporting to India in 2013. It’s dedicated <IR> Lab India is a collective of companies, investors, regulators, accounting firms and academics, to practice and advocate integrated reporting in India. In the last three years, <IR> Lab India members Tata Steel, Wipro, Reliance Industries, and YES Bank, have pioneered integrated reporting in India.
SEBI’s voluntary requirement for integrated reporting applicable to top 500 companies in India, has been another notable feature of the CII’s work on the subject matter. The soft law has propelled many companies to begin preparing integrated reports and by next year the number of integrated reports is likely to substantially increase.
CII has been building capacities of companies through webinars, training programmes, and hand-holding companies with the process of integrated reporting. This is the fourth open workshop.
At the end of this practitioners-only workshop, participants will have:
- Made the beginning with integrated reporting
- Developed their roadmap and template for action plan
- Conducted preliminary analysis of their business’ value creation strategy including the six capitals
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Concept of value and implications on organisation strategy and structure
- Value creation model of IR + elements and principles of IR
- SEBI circular on IR and the emerging domestic and global reporting environment
- KPIs for six capitals for various industries including agri, core manufacturing, infrastructure, IT&ITES, BFSI, and pharma.
- Building a case for company management
- Roadmap for IR with FY18 in sight
- Illustrations of good IRs
- Comparison between IR, SDGs, GRI, BRR, TCFD requirements
The workshop is designed only for practitioners so that they can openly voice and discuss their issues, focus on their reporting process, and get maximum value from the two days. There will be a mix of lectures, individual and group exercises, and experience sharing by pioneers in India.
CII will share light reading material during the workshop. All participants must bring their latest annual reports, sustainability reports and / or business responsibility reports to the workshop.
To maximise value, companies are encouraged to nominate mid- to senior-level cross functional teams. The relevant functions are finance, company secretary, strategy, investor relations, M&A, new businesses, and CEO’s office.
- Per participant for <IR> Lab India members: 12,500/-
- Per participant for non <IR> Lab India members: 19,500/-
*applicable taxes extra. Discounts available for more than 3 participants from the company.
Chief Operating Officer & Principal Counsellor
CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development
Anant G. Nadkarni
Sustainability and Value Creation