This report showcases the global experiences of accounting developments in the Government sector, vision of 'Accounting Reforms' of Indian Railways, and the strategy of Indian Railways to achieve the same. It also discusses the interest of various stakeholders, who could potentially benefit from Accounting Reforms and help in achieving sustainable growth of India Railways.
The Key Highlights of the Report includes:
- Accounting developments in Government sector- Global position
- Vision of ‘Accounting Reforms’ in Indian Railways
- Accounting Reforms in Indian Railways- Opportunities, scope and challenges
- Accounting Reforms in Indian Railways- Enhancing stakeholders’ confidence
- Accounting Reforms in Indian Railways- A strategic mission for sustainable growth
This report was released at National Conference on “Accounting Reforms in Indian Railways - A Strategic Mission for Sustainable Growth held on 20 December 2016 at New Delhi.