The Compendium on Skill Development 2014 is envisaged as a ready-reckoner on the skill development landscape in India. The objective of the Compendium is to capture the key components of the Indian skill development ecology across a set of comparable parameters and contextualize the framework for industry.
The Compendium is categorized under three categories: Institutions, Schemes and Implementation. Institutions provide a detailed account of the skill development landscape in India. The schemes and implementation sections provide a snapshot of target initiatives.
It details the following:
- Vocational Skill landscape in the country – Pan India
- List of various Government initiatives focusing on Skill development and their schemes, guidelines etc.,
- Brief details on the Career prospects in Vocational Skills
- CSR for Skills under new company’s bill.
- Details about NVQEF/NVQF/Sector Skill Councils
- Apprenticeship Schemes
- Best Practices in ITI-PPP models
- Scheme of NSDC
- List of Vocational Training Providers both Government & Private in the Southern Region
- Details of the Skill Corporations run by the States in the Southern Region
- List of Train the Trainer institutes in the Region.
- Learn While you Earn models in Skill Training.
The compendium was prepared by the CII Southern Region in association with their Knowledge Partner Athena Infonomics in December 2014.