Chemistry Everywhere Lectures
2 July 2015, Sophia College, Mumbai
The CII National Committee on Chemicals adopted Chemistry Everywhere as an on-going theme in 2014. Now in its second year, the campaign recognises and promotes the contribution of chemistry and chemicals to life.
Chemistry Everywhere brings together people from academia, business and government to contribute to the big ideas driving the nation’s development. Through lectures, seminars and conferences, it encourages knowledge exchange.
The lecture series, programmed in association with the Royal Society of Chemistry, engages young people in the wonder of the world of chemicals. Millions of talented young Indians join the workforce every year. The lectures will:
- Discuss the contributions of the chemicals industry to India’s economic and social development.
- Encourage the next generation of scientists to think about the contributions they can make.
- Explore the role that the chemicals industry can play in delivering the objectives of big ideas such as ‘Swachh Bharat’ and ‘Make in India’.
- Provide a platform to raise awareness and promote the importance of India’s chemicals industry.
The first Chemistry Everywhere lecture was held on 2 July 2015 at Sophia College, Mumbai. Mr R Mukundan, Managing Director, Tata Chemicals Limited, and Prof Uday Maitra, Department of Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), spoke at the event.
Speakers at future lectures include:
- Steve Stilliard, Vice President and MD – Huntsman International India Pvt Ltd
- Sudhir Shenoy, CEO, Dow Chemical International Pvt Ltd
- Vipul Shah, COO-Petrochemical Division – Reliance Industries Ltd
- Rakesh Bhartia, CEO – India Glycols Ltd
- Rupark Sarswat, MD – Croda India Company Ltd
- Ravi Raghavan, Editor – Chemical Weekly
- Frank Lelek, President Region India – Evonik India Pvt Ltd
- Prof Arnab Bhattacharya, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).