Leather and Leather Products
Clusters for Competitiveness
Best Practices and a detailed road map for enhancing productivity and efficiency of Cluster companies is charted and implemented by seasoned counselors. Training is offered through in-company and open programmes. SMEs across sectors such as heavy engineering, automobiles, chemicals, fertilizers, hand-tools, furniture, hospitality, textiles, cement, paper, edible oil, light engineering, food, FMCGs, auto components, consumer appliances, minerals and metals, dairy and pharmaceuticals were and are already being catered to through the Cluster approach.
Role of Cluster & Innovation It has been seen that Clusters are important drivers of competitiveness and innovation. Innovation cannot be created in isolation rather only in dynamic environments where similar organisations come together, interact in a constructive and a complementary manner to generate newer and smarter ways of doing things. A group of 8-12 SMEs work closely, share knowledge and strive to improve on their business indicators & enhance their productivity, innovativeness and competitiveness. Member organisations learn and grow in a supportive environment with each one addressing similar challenges.
Other advantages include:
- Structured roadmap for planned progress
- Proven techniques help reduce varied costs & wastes which helps improve profitability
- Achieve results on Quality, Productivity, Cost, Delivery and Safety
- working collaboratively within a cluster, SMEs are able to take advantage of market opportunities that they could not achieve alone
- Growth due to synergy within the cluster
- Exposure to global market opportunities . CII also counsels for Clusters under Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness Scheme (LMCS) of Ministry of MSME.