· Speaking during the inaugural session, Mr Chetan Tamboli, Chairman, CII (WR) & Chairman & Managing Director, Steelcast Ltd said “Technology plays the key role in finding appropriate solutions to challenges. At the same time, technology plays a major role in economic growth and employment generation through technologically superior industry sector investing in and operating from the state. India’s priority should be to build an technology sustainable future. With India’s edge in terms of human capital, knowledge, technological genius, and a sense of social responsibility, there is every opportunity for this to happen”.
· Western Region India contributes more than 25% to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India. Industrialized and services sector both together contribute about 85 percent of the region’s domestic product. Agriculture and allied activities sector contributes 15 percent to the region’s income said Mr Sanjay Kirloskar, Deputy Chairman, CII Western Region & Chairman & Managing Director, Kirloskar Brothers Ltd. He briefed about the two days summit which has 35+ Industry Experts and Speakers, Exposition by 12 Partners and Exhibitors and 300+ Delegates.
· Dr Naushad Forbes, Vice President, CII & Director, Forbes Marshall Pvt Ltd said that test of good technology should be economical. Self reliance is a virtue and there must be focus on building competence. Technology is a tool of development, he added.
· Industry has become competitive on quality, cost and delivery, said Mr Vikram Kirloskar, Vice Chairman, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd. He also focused on Innovation snd said that Innovations have to be scaled up and should be scalable.
· Mr Ajay Shankar, Member Secretary, National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council addressed the gathering through video conference. He said that the two days conference will enable the organisations to draw right strategy.
· Ms Meher Pudumjee, Chairperson CII Pune Zonal Council & Chairperson Thermax Ltd said that “Technology and growth are interwoven and can create tremendous opportunity for a nation. The role of technology in economic development and innovative technologies is boastful”.
· The two days event was supported by Government of Maharashtra, MIDC, Kirloskar Brothers Ltd, Exim Bank, Thermax Ltd., Siemens Ltd, UKTI, Zensar Technologies Ltd, Future Factory, Duroshox Pvt. Ltd, Sandvik Asia Pvt Ltd, Red cars, Economic Times, SocioSquare and Efficient Manufacturing.
· The event witnessed a participation of around 300 delegates from across various sectors of the industry.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the regional initiative “West Tech Summit 2014 – Technology Summit & Platform” from 20th – 21st August 2014 at Pune, with Government of Maharashtra as Partner State and MIDC as a Supporting Organisation . The CII Western Region comprises of Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, and Madhya Pradesh.
The two days summit provided a platform for policy dialogue on creating a robust ecosystem and strengthening enablers for increasing investment, creating knowledge ecosystem in the states, increasing technology intensity in products and services, knowledge sharing, trading, business to business dialogues and updating the stakeholders with latest technology trends in focus sectors.
The focus sectors of summit were Industrial & Automotive Manufacturing, Defence, IT & ITES and Agriculture.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.