Improved corrosion management could provide significant cost and energy savings. CII Corrosion Management Committee (CMC) is dedicated to work towards minimizing Corrosion related losses through consulting, training & awareness in India. To give a spur to Corrosion management culture in Indian Industry, Confederation of Indian Industry organized a Seminar on Corrosion Management on July 31, 2015 in Ahmedabad.
Corrosion is eating away a section of industries’ gained through:
· Production / productivity loss
· Reduction in efficiency
· Unscheduled shut downs due to machine / equipment failure
· Cost escalation
· Safety hazards
· Environmental concerns
The main objectives of the seminar were:
· To help engineers to understand corrosion so that they can solve existing corrosion problems and prevent future ones
· To study the maintenance perspective of Corrosion Management hence minimizing plant maintenance costs.
· To understand corrosion issues in boilers, heat exchangers and pipelines.
· To understand high performance coatings & learn to charter Coating Maintenance Plan, which provides mechanism for an owner to progress in corrosion mitigation from a Reactive status to a Predictive status.
· To learn the means of preventing rust during storage for catering to customer's Quality & reliability requirements and shipping.
· To understand the methodology for proper material selection.
· Corrosion management for cooling tower & water treatment methods for corrosion control.
Session Themes for the Seminar:
· Types of Corrosion & Corrosion Audit Methodology
· In-Storage & Transit corrosion prevention & protection of metal parts / components
· Selection of material for corrosion control0
· Maintenance Perspective Coatings & its Inspection for Corrosion Prevention
· Water treatment & water management for corrosion control
· High Temperature Corrosion Prevention
Each session had presentations from experts on Corrosion.
The Seminar was relevant for:
· Senior and Middle Level Managers
· Project Engineers
· Quality Assurance Managers
· Maintenance Personnel and Engineers
· Production Personnel and Engineers
· R & D Personnel and Engineers
From the industries such as: Automobile ,Pharmaceutical, Power Plants ,Pulp & Papers ,Textiles, Sugar, Glass, Oil & Gas, Chemicals ,Steel, Cement, Aluminium,Petrochemicals ,Fertilizers ,R & D Institutes ,Defense & Aerospace
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.