· ICT is an important tool for the growth & development of SMEs – Vinod Mehra
· ICT in E-governance for Simplification and Ease in Work- Govind Gupta
· Speaking at the inaugural session of the Seminar on Empowering SMEs through ICT Intervention organised by Confederation of Indian Industry today Mr Vinod Mehra, President, Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd said “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) can play a very important role in development of SMEs because it can help SMEs both create business opportunities and combat pressures from competition. Appropriate ICT can help SMEs cut costs by improving their internal processes, improving their product through faster communication with their customers, and better promoting and distributing their products through online presence. In fact, ICT has the potential to improve the core business of SMEs in every step of the business process.”
· At the inaugural session Mr Govind Gupta, Inspector General of Police, Kota said that youth can not live without using IT, Laptops, Tablets, Internet, Mobile phones, etc. Govt too is using ICT in e-governance for simplification and ease in day today work. According to Mr Gupta police has also gone online nowadays. FIRs can be done online. He also said that CII is closely working with Police Department for last 7-8 years in imparting training in two aspects- Behavioural Aspects to field level police officials- SHOs/ DySPs,etc The second imp[ortant part is providing basic IT education to Constables and Head Constables.
· Mr Anil Sharma, Business Development Executive, (CII) New Delhi informed that CII is reaching out to more than 1000 MSMEs in ten select tier II cities across India for spreading the awareness among SMEs and encouraging them to adopt Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to enhance their competitiveness and grow businesses. During this initiative, a series of Road Shows is being organized in the months of November and December 2013 by utilizing the network of CII offices across the country, with support from Regional SME Associations.
· According to Managing Director- Kamtech Associates Pvt Ltd, Jaipur Mr Ajay Kumar Gupta, the adoption of ICT tools and solutions will enhance competitiveness, productivity and business prospects of SMEs. The ICT Industry is fully equipped to meet the challenging requirements of the SMEs. However, understanding of these products, solutions and services being offered to SMEs are still very limited, resulting in lesser achievement of ICT adoption in SMEs.
This project executed with the guidance and support of the CII National Committee on IT and e-Commerce, chaired by Mr Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman, Microsoft India and Mr S D Shibulal, CEO, Infosys Limited, will enable the ICT Solution Providers to reach out to unexplored markets and deliberate on technology, applications together with the benefits that suit the requirements of MSMEs. These Road Shows will also provide a platform to identify the important factors that decide what kind of a technology roadmap is right for particular segments of micro, small and medium enterprises.
· At the beginning of the session Mr L C Baheti Member, CII Rajasthan State Council & President, Laghu Udyog Council, Kota welcomed the participants and said that the MSMEs Contribute 9% to the GDP of the Country. According to Mr Baheti 45% of the total Manufacturing output arises from the MSME and 36% of the India’s total exports are from the MSMEs. He also said that the MSME sector contributes to 100 million employment opportunities through its 46 Million units across the country; Since 2006, we see an excellent growth of number of units of MSMEs across India from 39.1 million to an estimated 49 million in 2013.
· “CII will be partnering with select ICT Product and Service providers, to execute this project successfully. The partners would get an opportunity to reach out to regional MSMEs and thereby create awareness about their suite of products and services that they offer and also provide tailor-made solutions for the requirements of the MSMEs.” Said Mr Nitin Gupta, Director & State Head, CII Rajasthan State Office.
· Mr Ajay Kumar Gupta, Member, CII Rajasthan State Council conveyed Vote of Thanks. In his address Mr Gupta said that the response for the seminar is very good and it is an opportunity for the participants to get a comprehensive knowledge on Information & Communication Technology.
· Other speakers who have addressed the seminar includes; Mr Harpreet Sawhney, Corporate Sales Head, Rajasthan, Bharti Airtel Limited; Mr Amit Khanduja, Regional Manager – North India, Lexplosion Solutions Pvt Ltd; Mr Madhukar Dubey, Managing Director- Fusion Outsourcing Software Pvt. Ltd, Udaipur; Mr K K Sharma, Dy General Manager, NSIC, Government of India etc.
· The seminar was attended by approx 125 participants from different SME units.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.