Seminar on "Sustainable Food Value Chain for Climate Smart Agriculture" held on 9th May 2015, at Ahmedabad. The Knowledge Partner was National Council for Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Public Leadership (NCCSD).
A well-managed food value chain is the pre-requisite for sustainable livelihood and is the solution for losses incurred due to extreme climate variability. To address the issue, CII-GKAFC in association with NCCSD released a publication on “Sustainable Food Value Chain for Climate Smart Agriculture” in Gujarati language. It was released by Devanshu Gandhi, Chairman, CII Gujarat State Council; Chairman, CII GKAFC Governing Council & Managing Director, Vadilal Industries Limited; Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, Hon’ble Minister, Education (Primary, Secondary and Adult), Higher and Technical Education, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer affairs, Legislative and Parliamentary affairs, Government of Gujarat; Dr Kirit N Shelat, IAS (Retd.), Executive Chairman, National Council for Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Public Leadership; K S Murthy, Director & Head, Gujarat Knowledge Application & Facilitation Centre, Confederation of Indian Industry.
Key topics covered are:
• Current status and scope of supply chain
• Various technical solutions to the farmers problems
• Importance of Climate Smart Agriculture
• Opportunity of developing processing units at farm level
• Government schemes to promote sustainable agriculture
• Success stories and many more interesting and useful topics are covered in the publication.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.