CII in support of the Project Management Institute (PMI) organized the third edition of the Conference on Project Management on 22-23 November 2012 in Bangalore.
As the period of austerity and accountability sets in, doing more with less seems to have become the mantra for most of the organisations today to continue maintaining an edge in the economy. Enhancing output and maintaining a high level of sales growth has become crucially important for these organiations to survive in the competitive environment. Their main objective is to get the most out of their expenses; owing to which project management skill has become increasingly more essential to ensure no money or time is wasted.
Revolving around the theme “Doing more with less” the conference was emphasized on the effectiveness and selection of the right focus areas through effective Project and Program Management. The participants learnt to how to bring sustained value to the projects that the organization initiates, especially in times of limited resources.
The conference was also leveraged on the participants’ insights and understanding and help them acquaint with new ways of addressing the emerging challenges in a project. In addition to delving into the technicalities of project and program management and how its proper usage helps is achieving more with less, the conference was also touched base with softer aspects of project management and its crucial role in getting the work done efficiently.
Conference Sessions covered:
· Relevance of Project Management – Best Practices - Priorities and Resource Constraints.
· Project Management-How has it changed after the recent global financial crisis.
· Sustainability in Project Management.
· Change Management in project management.
· Can Project Managers make it to senior executive level.
· Unstructured Project Management- leading to results or failed projects & learning.
· Project Management Implementation-Problems & solutions.
Who could attend?
CEOs / COOs / CXOs, Directors, Presidents, VPs, Decision makers, etc.,
Public / Private Sector Project Managers / Leaders / Executives
Functional Managers and Team Leaders and Members
Human Resource Managers
New Project Management Executives
Consultants, Planners, Engineers, Architects, etc.,
Key takeaways for Participants
· A broad understanding of project management techniques & Getting familiar with the key factors for a successful project.
· The Conference will act as an instrument for participants to learn the advanced skills and applications of project, program and portfolio management principles needed for improving productivity and profitability.
· It will address several important aspects of research project management from project teams, leaders, and managers, to organizational oversight, collaboration management, and transitioning of projects from research into development.
· Great place for collaborating, networking and relationship building. And many more…
Success stories from the eyes of eminent Project Leaders / Managers.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.