5th Edition of
CII TN Salt Conclave
16 December 2022, DSF Grand Plaza, Thoothukudi
Warm Greetings from CII Thoothukudi!!!
Salt is the main raw material for the Chloralkali industry in India. India is the third-largest Salt producing Country in the World after China and USA with Global annual production being about 300 million tonnes. The growth and achievement of the Salt Industry over the last 60 years has been spectacular. When India attained Independence in 1947, salt was being imported from the United Kingdom & Adens to meet its domestic requirement. But today it has not only achieved self-sufficiency in the production of salt to meet its domestic requirement but also in a position of exporting surplus salt to foreign countries.
Tamil Nadu is the third largest salt producing state in India. The major producing districts of Tamil Nadu are Thoothukudi, Nagapatinam, Ramanthapuram, Cuddalore and Kanyakumari. The salt industry in the state of Tamil Nadu also provides the livelihood for a large number of poor people along the coast. Thoothukudi region is the largest producer of salt in Tamil Nadu. There is a good scope for development for salt based marine chemical industries. Thoothukudi salt industries have capacity to increase productivity as well as quality.
Given this background CII Thoothukudi is organising the 5th edition of CII TNSalt Conclave 2022 scheduled between 0930 Hrs – 1530 Hrs on 16 December 2022 at Hotel DSF Grand Plaza, Thoothukudi. The main objective of the conference is to promote and improve the salt manufacturing industries in Tamil Nadu and India.
Eminent Speakers Addressing
- Ms Kanimozhi Karunanidhi, Member of Parliament, Thoothukudi Constituency
- Ms Geetha Jeevan, Hon’ble Minister, Social Welfare and Women Empowerment Department, Government of Tamil Nadu*
- Mr T K Ramachandran IAS., Chairman, V O Chidambaranar Port Authority
- Mr K Rajamani IAS., MD & Chairman, Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Senthil Raj IAS., Collector, Thoothukudi District
- Mr Shankar Vanavarayar, Vice Chairman, CII Tamil Nadu & Executive director, ABT Industries Limited
- Mr Bharat C Raval, President The Indian Salt Manufacturers' Association (ISMA), Vice President of Grasim industry Ltd & Aditya Birla Group
- Mr Raghu Chakrapani, Deputy Salt Commissioner
- Mr Mohammad Anas Ansari, Former Salt Commissioner
- Mr Michael Motha, Chairman, CII TN Salt Conclave, Past Chairman, CII Thoothukudi & Managing Director, Sahayamatha Salt Refinery Ltd
- Mr D S Jhala, Director, Dev Salt Pvt Ltd
- Mr Chetan Kamdar, Director - The Bhavnagar Salt and Industrial Works Private Limited
- Mr Ketan Trivedi, Managing Director, Super Salt Pvt Ltd
- Dr KC Pathak, AGM – QA & Env., NIRMA
- Mr K Mariappan, Vedaranyam Salt
- Dr J R Chunawala, Chief Scientist, CSIR CSMCRI
- Dr Bhoomi Andharia, Senior Scientist, CSIR CSMCRI
- Ms R P Rathi Priya, Sr DCM – Madurai, Southern Railways
- Mr Satish Awate, Vice President- Market Development, Reliance Polymers
- Mr Martin Jojo, Category Manager, ITC Limited
- Mr Ferdinand, Regional Sales Manager – Chennai, Syntegon packaging Ltd
- Ms Niyati Nagda, Associate Director – Marketing, Mainstream Salts, Tata Consumer Products Limited
- Mr C R Rajesh, Assistant General Manager – Microgrids, Gmmco Limited
- Mr John Peter Raja, Manager - Microgrid Sales – ETB, Gmmco Limited
- Mr Sreejith Nair, Technical Director, Ironbuild Systems Pvt Ltd
Leading salt manufacturers in India are participating and exhibiting in this conclave.