CII AGRO TECH INDIA
The Premier Agri & Food Technology Fair
Parade Ground, Sector 17, Chandigarh
Agriculture, as you would be aware, is one of the main pillars of Indian economy and with the special desire of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, to double the farmer income by 2022, the union budget lays strong emphasis on achieving the same.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has been working very closely with the Ministries of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare & Food Processing Industries and many other agencies of the Centre & the State, engaging all stakeholders in the agri value chain not only by way of policy advocacy but also by way of bringing forth the latest technology interventions.
CII’s vision dates back to more than 2 decades, when in 1994, CII Agro Tech India was conceptualized as the first major initiative as India’s most prestigious and flagship event that revolutionized the Indian food and agri sectors. In the very first edition, CII had Israel as the Partner Country and since then, biennially it continues to bring technological advancements, ahead of its time.
CII Agro Tech India has the distinction of being one of the most prestigious business trade fair and prominent leaders like Union Minister of Agriculture, Government of India, senior officials from Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Food Processing & allied Ministries, Chief Minister of Punjab & Haryana have addressed the event.
Agro Tech India works as an ideal interaction platform between the Farm Producers and the Agro Industry. By creating linkages for value creation and value addition, the exhibition offers varied business opportunities to the technology holders as well as practical learning to the technology users.
Some salient features of CII Agro Tech India:
- Occupies over 16000 sqm gross area at the Parade Ground, Chandigarh
- Over 200 satisfied exhibitors in every edition
- Good international participation
- Israel (1994), Australia (1996), The Netherlands (2002; 2006) have been Partner Country at CII Agro Tech
- International farmers delegations from Australia, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Sri Lanka, Argentina, Nepal
- International Speakers from Argentina, Canada, Israel, The Netherlands, Ghana, USA
- The event is umbrella brand for several focused concurrent shows that have evolved with changing situations; the main being agri inputs, farm machinery, food processing & management, livestock, farmer services etc
- Punjab & Haryana have always participated as Host State. Other states like Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu have also been participating
- International Conferences are held as a successful concurrent event each time
- Kisan Goshthees (Vernacular & educative, direct interaction with experts - sessions with farmers and for farmers) and Agri Theatres for farmers have become an integral part of the show.
- Wide publicity & media coverage through 500+ media person