The food processing industry in India is of enormous significance that has gained prominence in recent years. Availability of raw materials, changing lifestyles and relaxation in policies have given a considerable push to the industry’s growth. This sector is among the few that serves as a vital link between the agriculture and industrial segments of the economy. Strengthening this link is of critical importance to improve the value of agricultural produce; ensure remunerative prices to farmers and at the same time create favourable demand for Indian agricultural products in the world market. A thrust to the food processing sector implies significant development of the agriculture sector and ensures value addition to it.
Indian food processing industry continues to increase its contribution to world food trade, driven by changing trends in markets, consumer segments and regulations. These trends, such as changing demographics, growing population and rapid urbanization are expected to continue in the future and therefore, will shape the demand for value added products and thus for food processing industry in India. The Government of India’s focus towards food processing industry as a priority sector is expected to ensure policies to support investment in this sector and thus attract more FDI.
The processed food market is expected to grow to US $543 billion by 2020 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.6%. For the next 5 years the food industry is expected to grow to US $958 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 12% to account for increasing saturation of the market.
India is very diverse and food processing industry traditionally is localized and un-organized. The lack of training on processing training, lower productivity etc leads to higher costs and also limited market reach. There is an urgent need to bring the stakeholders of industry on common platform to share the latest in food processing and how it will help to grow the business.
FOODBIZ INDIA 2019 is a Conference & Exhibition on Food processing with the theme ‘Rejuvenating Innovation and Challenges in Food Processing and Allied Sectors’. It is a platform that brings together all the stakeholders of the sectors such as industry, academia, policy agencies etc. to a common platform.
FOODBIZ INDIA 2019 provides:
- Platform for players to network catering to the entire value chain system.
- Networking of stakeholders to work towards the overall growth and development of the sectors.
- Providing technical support in industry led collaborative projects
- Interactions and Deliberations to discuss Status & Issues of the Industry, Emerging Trends & Technologies, Packaging, Innovations, Best Practices, Case Studies, Financial aspects, State and Central Policies, Incentives and Support availability, Global Markets and Challenges, Export Competitiveness, Food Security, Quality matters.
- B2B Interactions, Building Partnerships and Forging Alliances.
- Explore and Identify Emerging Opportunities and Thrust Areas Entrepreneurs, Banks, Financial Institutions and Venture Capitalists to invest.
- Enumerate policy recommendations for the state and central governments through a dialogue process
- Serves as a pathfinder to the stakeholders and urge them to compete and capture the world market.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Bankers & Venture capitalist (VC)
- Cold chain infrastructure players
- Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO’s)
- Food Business Operators. (FBOs)
- Food Parks Operators
- Food processing and packaging companies
- Food retailers
- Food startups and innovators
- Food technologists
- Logistics players in the food chain business
- Post-harvest technology providers
- Young entrepreneurs in food business
HOW DO YOU BENEFIT?
- Market linkage opportunities for local produce
- B2B & B2G Meetings
- Access to new technologies
- Advisory on regulations and clearances
- An conference featuring the best in class technologies and processes