Businesses in India are no longer putting in place Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) initiatives as a matter of compliance but as a means to enhance their global standing, protect employees, and behave responsibly towards society and the environment.
In developed countries, all places of work - industries, offices, universities, medical institutions, government and social organisations adhere to Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) standards. But in India, an estimated 82% workplaces do not comply with EHS norms, according to a cross-sector survey of done recently. There is, however, a growing consciousness of the need to comply with EHS requirements. The survey found that all sectors uniformly increased their EHS budgets over the last few years.
More than a decade, the Confederation of Indian Industry is recognising the companies with innovative and best practices in EHS through the CII-SR EHS Excellence Awards.
With this background, CII Southern Region is announcing the 13th Edition of CII-SR EHS Excellence Awards 2020.
To recognize, motivate and facilitate, corporates to adopt innovative practices in EHS.
- The endeavor is to enable corporates to follow "path-breaking" practices rather than mere "bench marking".
- The Award has been instituted to acknowledge extraordinary contribution by the rganizations towards:
- Conserving critical environmental resource
- Handling occupational health and hygiene issues
- Promoting best practices in Safety to improve performance and productivity
- Facilitating Innovative & efficient management practices in EHS
Uniqueness of the Award
Detailed checklist by the industry/sector experts and the checklist will be reviewed every year for improvisation.
- Well trained assessors for on-site assessment
- Review of the assessment by the eminent industry experts.
- A detailed feedback report to every applicant is provided to help the organisations get insights to improve their EHS performance.
For more details please log on to : www.ciisrehsawards.com