India could potentially be at the cusp of a sporting revolution. With its large youth population, and with the
growth of highly successful sporting leagues over the last few years, we are seeing several measures being
taken towards developing an investment-led sporting culture in the country. The opportunities for corporate India to participate in the development of sports have increased manifold,
beyond brand sponsorships.
CII strongly believes that sports has a strong role towards holistic
development and social inclusion, which in turn has a ripple effect on socio-economic growth. The CSR Study
‘Winning Together – Opportunities for CSR innovations and partnerships in sports’, prepared by CII and Sattva, is a key step towards
articulating and bringing the ecosystem together around this vision.
The salient features of this report include:
- India’s Journey Towards Inclusive And Sustainable Development.
- CSR In India: A Snapshot In 2017
- Why Investing In Sports CSR Is A Winning Strategy
- Sports For Social Transformation
- Call To Action: A Collaboration Platform To Deliver Sports In School
- Foundational Initiatives: Getting India To Play
- North-East Forward: Spotlight On Sports Potential in In The North-East
This report was released at the CII Scorecard 2017 held on 6 July 2017 at New Delhi.