Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), a part of CII, with the support of stakeholders, is spearheading the green building movement in the country. What started as a single green building in 2004, the CII - Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre in Hyderabad, has today (as on 11 November 2014) grown to over 2,800 registered green building projects spread across all parts of the country amounting to a green footprint of over 2.49 Billion sq ft.
To commemorate the completion of a decade of green construction in India, IGBC has released a publication titled: Green Buildings of India, a coffee table book showcasing 101 green building projects in India facilitated and certified by IGBC.
"Green Buildings of India" is a 216 page limited edition publication from IGBC. This is the 1st such dossier on green buildings in India. Mr K T Rama Rao Hon'ble Minister for Panchayat Raj & IT Government of Telangana, released the "Green Buildings of India" on 4 September 2014 at the inaugural session of the 12th Green Building Congress at Hyderabad in the presence of more than 1,000 delegates.
The book captures the following:
- Key achievements with excellent high resolution photographs of the salient features like passive architectural design & landscape
- Recognition to the project team involved like owner, consultant, architect, etc.
- Inspirational quotes from the various project stakeholders highlighting their commitment to sustainability
- Tangible (energy and water savings) and intangible (health and comfort) benefits and most importantly, the experience of the occupants
Building types covered include the following:
- Corporate offices
- Factory buildings
- Government buildings
- Existing buildings
- Airports and so on.......