The CII Western Region adopted the theme ‘Enhancing Competitiveness to Accelerate Growth and Create Employment’ for the year 2015-16. The theme had four focus areas – Improving Governance, Enhancing Competitiveness, Facilitating Ease of Doing Business and Enabling Make in India. With focus on accelerating growth, high impetus was given to Manufacturing, Skill Development, Social Engagement, IT and Agriculture, Logistics and Infrastructure, Tourism and Membership Engagement.
Key Advocacy for the Region involved the following:
- Enhance Government Interface
- Focus on Inclusive & Sustainable Growth
- Promote Western Region as an Investment Destination
- Engage on Next Generation Cities
- Encourage Innovations & Best Practices
- Value Addition in Agriculture
- Food Processing & Packaging Capacity Building
- Technology Adoption and Entrepreneurship in SMEs
- Scaling up the Skills Training Center
- Chhindwara Focus on Industry-Academia engagement and develop vocational skills amongst youth.
The Annual Report of CII Western Region for 2015-16 discusses the following interventions – Make in India, Events in Partnership with State Governments, Sectoral Snapshots, External Engagements, Building Diversity amongst others.